sexta-feira, 5 de novembro de 2010

House (A Casa do Espanto)

This is the first movie memory I have recorded in my mind. Maybe this was the reason for my passion for terror movies... Yeah, I love terror movies!!!
I still remember of this film, after almost twenty five years latter... I was a five year-old child and I watched this movie totally alone at home... and guess what: I really enjoyed it!! Ok.. this is a strange taste for a child... but since then I noticed my passion for this kind of movie.
And you? Do you like Terror movies? Do you remember the first movie you have ever watched?? Tell us!!


Synopsis

A mild box-office hit for New World Pictures, this lightweight attempt at horror parody from Friday the 13th producer Sean S. Cunningham stars former Greatest American Hero William Katt as a best-selling pop-horror novelist Roger Cobb (à la Stephen King) who suffers an insurmountable case of writer's block after separation from his soap-star wife (Kay Lenz) and the disappearance of their young son. Hoping to purge his personal demons by writing his Vietnam War memoirs, he moves into the massive mansion once occupied by his deceased aunt (who hanged herself in her bedroom), and finds himself surrounded by demons of a completely different kind. Roger takes the weirdness in stride, attempting to face down marauding monsters, interdimensional trap doors, and other supernatural horrors while concealing his predicament from the neighbors (except for the befuddled Harold Gorton [George Wendt], who tries gamely to play along with Roger's hare-brained monster-fighting schemes). ~ Cavett Binion, All Movie Guide

Release date: February, 28, 1986
Director:  Steve Miner
Cast: William Katt, George Wendt, Richard Moll, Kay Lenz, Mary Stavin.
Source: http://www.movies.com/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário